- Healthcare & Caregiver Support Services
Aphasia Centre of Ottawa
Aphasia Centre of Ottawa offers Aphasia support groups, crisis intervention, speech therapy, physiotherapy and counselling.
- Phone: (613) 567-1119
- Website: https://www.aphasiaottawa.org
- Address: 2081 Merivale Road, Nepean, ON K2G 1G9, Canada
Verified Dementia-Inclusive Features
- Comfortable noise level, Quiet space available
- Accessible bathrooms, Accessible entrance, Accessible parking, Bilingual (E/Fr)
The Aphasia Centre of Ottawa was founded in 1990 to create a centre where people with aphasia could feel at ease, supported, and valued. They combined speech therapy and social work services to develop a collaborative model of care in the community. They provide services outside of the hospital to offer long-term ongoing support. These include Long-term speech-language therapy, counselling, advocacy, and empowerment for people with aphasia and their families.
Last updated: 26-11-2020